Friday, August 04, 2006

INSOMNIAC

I am your classic insomniac or simply defined as one who cannot sleep. Oh yes, there are some who tell me it is stress or the fact that the dreaded change of life is closely at hand or even the Gallagher curse. (insomnia is known to plague the family especially those with the name Gallagher) But whatever reason I do not sleep I can only say not doing it really sucks and I do not mean that in any polite form.

So I tried everything from warm lavender baths to valerian to tylenol PM to alcohol to ambien and so far the only thing that gives me any form of sleep is the ambien but with a very down side. First, it is a prescription drug. Second, it makes me feel as though I have a major hangover the next morning.

This ability to stay awake while most of the world is asleep has even given me the thought that maybe just maybe I should get one of those jobs that require a person to stay up all night. (but then again there is that little issue of a bum shoulder, another story for another time)

Hey, why not, I do not sleep anyway so I may as well make some money.

Anyway, whatever the reason why I stay up to wee hours of the morning only to stay exhausted throughout the day, I hope it passes soon because no rest makes one hell of a cranky "me".

Oh and by the way, if this blog entry makes absolutely no sense and is littered with misspelled words and incorrect punctuation, it is because a person who does not sleep much wrote it.

No comments: