Monday, October 30, 2006

Just Another Monday

For starters, my elderly neighbor next door was on VACATION and not laying dead in his locked-up house which is a really good thing because the local police NEVER did come out to check on him. I guess "dead bodies" in houses is just not a priority around here. Maybe if it had been a cat caught in a tree, I would have gotten a better response.

It's Monday. (in case you did not know) It is also the first day in weeks that the High Winds have died down to a crisp fall breeze. Sometime today I will need to inspect my gardens to see how the Fall Mums survived. I am sure they are covered in debris. I lost one of four hanging flower pots off the front porch and from what Bill told me our front screen door is bent beyond repair. The season of Fall really flew in with a bang this year. At least we did not have any fallen trees like a lot of other folks around here. Nothing worse then waking up to a tree falling on your house or car. But then again we all should be grateful. At least we are not battling "wild fires" like those folks in California.

No comments: