Thursday, December 07, 2006

Conclusion Of A Honeymoon Or Lack There Of

Day 6, "Homeward Bound"

After spending the night in Springfield, Massachusetts we headed southeast through Hartford and into New York as we made our way to interstate 95.

For me the trip was a toss up between agonizing and well just agonizing because the pain in my right shoulder was horrendous and when I say horrendous I mean put me under a bus or throw me in front of a train horrendous. Yes, it was that bad and I even kept the tenz unit on the entire trip. But I lacked drugs, not advil or tylenol (which was like taking nothing) I mean as in narcotics. At one point, my shoulder felt as though it were stuck as in not being able to bring it down without screaming like a cat being tortured by hanging upside down by its tail.

This pain started the very day I returned to work on Nov 20th.

I made it through the eight hour day with eight advils and two tylenols then because I had a vicodin in my purse, I took that after I got home and fell into the comfort of my bed. Instead I went back a second day. Four and a half hours later I asked for permission to leave and then took a personal day that following Friday after Thanksgiving before taking a week off after in vacation time because though I called my physician on that very first day on Nov 20th, I could not get an appointment until Dec 8th and of course I was getting married. I was stalling for time to heal and to avoid the terrible flare-up I knew was my future.

I went to Vermont because we had already paid for the trip. I went to Vermont because it was suppose to be our honeymoon. I should have never went to Vermont because the shoulder went into full fledged flare-up and the only remedy was to come home and see my doctor.


Thanks for the venting opportunity. I wanted to write all this oh for so long and after a shot of Demerol at my local hospital emergency room and a subsequent earlier than scheduled physician appointment that gave me a one, two, three shot combination of drugs, I am able to write once again.

2 comments:

Pam said...

if we had gotten together i would have given you my xanax, from when i went to australia.

it may not have helped the pain, but it might have made you sleep!

KarinGal said...

Glad you're feeling better.
I guess the good news is that when you marry the man of your dreams the rest of your life becomes a honeymoon in itself. Congrats on that.