Sunday, July 01, 2007

Keller Family Update

I located the ship record of our ancestor John Gottlieb Keller. Port of Departure was Antwerp, Belgium and Port of Arrival was New York. He arrived in New York on January 9th, 1854 aboard the ship "Shelter". He was listed as being seventeen years old with a birth year of 1837. Also on that ship were his two brothers Jacob listed as nineteen years old with a birth year of 1835 and Frederick listed as nine years old with a birth year of 1845. I could not find his mother Susannah on that ship but I did find his father whose name was listed as Jacob being fifty two years old with a birth year of 1801. I do not know when Jacob died but he was no longer alive in 1860.

And once I figure out how to upload this record from Bill's desk top computer (my laptop is not working again) I will post the actual record too.

No comments: