Sunday, August 26, 2007

McCaffery & Gallagher Burial Site At Calvary Cemetery

There are a few things that deeply sadden me about this burial plot. First of all, though my great grandparents William & Mary (Keller) Gallagher were the first two interred here, there is no headstone erected nor are their names listed on the headstone in this picture. William & Mary were the parents of Anna listed as the second name on this stone.

The second thing that bothers me about this headstone is the fact that my Aunt Anna's (or as we called her Nana) information is missing on the stone even though she was born in 1907 and died in 1987. My Aunt had two grandchildren whom were the sole benefactors of her estate and they did not even have the common decency to add a few details on her stone before they left town. I was told that after my aunt passed away, they sold her house then took whatever money and left town.

Uncle Coll & Aunt Nana had two children. Mary died of colon cancer in 1984. Coll (who is really not a Junior but the third) died of a heart attack in 1985. (The town-leavers are his spawn) Coll & Mary's father died of colon cancer in 1972 and my Aunt (their mother) buried her husband and her children before her own death in 1987. She had a stroke.

No comments: