Monday, June 02, 2008

Family History Update

I met a distant Cafferty cousin on May 22nd, when she flew in from her home in Seattle Washington. We spent the morning researching together at St. Bridget's Catholic Church. I found a lot of new information on both the paternal & maternal branches of the family, though I still could not find anymore clues on what happen to John & Ellen Boland after 1920. I thought maybe they were buried from St. Bridget's, because I could not find any records at St. John the Baptist's Church. When Ellen died in 1926, she & John lived on the 4800 block of Ridge Avenue. Afterwards, John moved in with their son & his family who lived on Laboratory Hill in East Falls. If I can find John & Ellen Boland in 1920, then there is a good possibility I will be able to find my grandmother Anna Marie McCaffery Gallagher too. I already know she did not live with her Aunt Kate in 1920, because I found the 1920 census records that listed Daniel, Catherine & Helen on Terrace Street.

John's brothers also resided in that same section of East Falls on and around Calumet Street as John's son. Mary Boland Cafferty (his daughter) resided on the 4000 block of Ridge Avenue and owned several Ridge Avenue properties.

I have a list of the records, I found over at St. Bridget's including my own, since I was baptized there, attended grade school, and made my First Holy Communion & Confirmation there. I will post them soon.

On another note regarding St. Bridget's, I got to tour a little of the rectory. What a beautiful building the rectory was, which has woodwork, ect. dating back to the middle 1850's. The place is grand. I wonder if it was someone's old house at one time? I will need to research the history.

1 comment:

Michael said...

You know Pat, I might do a full search of my past, is it easy nowadays with the internet, I keep getting these software discs with magazines.
Well I have been "full of it" this week my boss says, I wonder what he means by that?