Wednesday, February 29, 2012

All That Jazz





Studying like crazy this week for Saturday's midterm in Ethics. Especially challenging after working all day. I love the online discussion debates. It is pretty funny when the first thing a peer asked before the start of week two class is, "Who is Patricia?" and I wave both hands in the air. I do debate well. Very Very well. I am also not afraid to rock the boat by asking challenging questions. I will miss those hallways come May 5th. Drexel has been a great journey with the finest and intelligent professors I have ever experienced in college and yes this is my third college in my lifetime thus far and probably will not be my last. I love education even with its stresses.

March 30th I will be taking classes all day on Saturdays for the accelerated classes. I will take another Addiction class at the Medical College 8a to 12p then drive up to the main campus to take a Biology class 1p to 5p. The Biology class I have been trying to get out of since day one at Drexel, because I was a science major 20 years ago and have completed classes in Microbiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, so it is an insult to tell me I need a general biology class, because my other sciences were more than ten years ago. Let's get real. Has plant life changed? I worked in a lab for 20 years.

So as you can see, I am taking that unnecessary class (in my opinion) last. Thank God, I did not have to take any other classes other than my major.

Just let me get done, so I can relax while paying back thousands of dollars in Educational loans.


So, I am going to teach an eighth grade class in a charter school in South Philly on the dangers of Drugs and Alcohol. Time to be announced. Personally, I think the classes should start in first grade. I have had so many young patients doing hard drugs since the age of 12 and 13. No joke.


Actually, I am looking forward to the 1940 census records to come out, so I have more genealogy records to work on.

No comments: