Sunday, April 15, 2012

It is always nice to awaken by the sounds of birds singing their songs. Spring is really here. Yesterday, we made a stop in route to my son's house to buy two chairs for the balcony along with a window box and four Calla lily plants. This will begin my passion for gardening on a much lower scale. It will be balcony vs. house gardening. I did not realize until I got home that the four lilies I purchased had specific colors, two are yellowish orange and two are pink. Karma? Why did I chose four lilies with those colors? Bill asked me (joke) what I was going to call the lilies. My immediate response was Shaun, Nikolas, Ava and Bella. OK. Weird mind, I know. Interesting, all the same.

I love mornings where I can sit back and enjoy my coffee before the rush of the day. Taxes need to be done today followed by one project, one take home midterm, online discussion questions, two papers with professional journal references and two powerpoints and that is just school. I want to get up to see son #2 today. I also want to plant those lilies in the window box. Does not sound like a lazy Sunday to me. This is my reality until May 5th. It will be so nice to have my Saturdays back again.

No comments: