Wednesday, May 09, 2012

More This and That on This Day

Booked and paid for The Great Wolf Lodge for 8/13 to 8/15. We will celebrate little Shaun's 11th birthday up there. I know the boys will have a blast. Hell, I am going to have a blast. Shaun and Trish are welcomed to join us as I booked a Family Suite. On the other hand, if they would rather have three days of peace to themselves, that is ok too. Ball is in their court on this one. It really looks "kid friendly" and has all the activities to all ages of kids small and big.

Grades are in. I got an "A+ and A" in those two accelerated classes that = done!

Feels great to have a week just focusing on work and not homework on top of work.

Work is .........

State and City are cutting 20% from Human Services as of July 1st. Many people will be thrown off welfare which includes medical, food stamps, child care and means less people coming into treatment for mental health and/or substance dependency. I see many more homeless people on the streets and though my job will be at risk at least I do not live in the city anymore although I own property there.

Things look rather bleak for many people and to think I only owe 28,000 dollars in student loans.

This stuff went on the entire twenty years, I worked in a lab and I survived, therefore I believe I will survive this as well. I worry about the generations growing up in this mess. They are our future and we do not invest enough into their futures.

No comments: