Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today

I am really excited about the project/book, I am working on. Tonight, I promised myself to stop after three hours of working on it. I got very little sleep the last two nights because I spent more than six hours both nights working on it and still had to get up by 5am for work. Of course, one day I will learn how to work an eight hour day. I doubt that will be anytime soon. I have eleven patients on my caseload in which (God help me) nine are female. Too much estrogen in one room.

I was also asked (by the director) to work on a project for patient orientation that includes all the basics including the addicted brain. I think it is funny when he told me to please keep it in "layman terms" because I tend to speak on scientific terms. Does that mean, I have to "dumb it down"? (insert laugh)

I told him it would be done tomorrow. I guess I better start it. I am sure a few notes on an index card will not cut it. Oh well, I will fit it inbetween group, one on one sessions, assigning patients to counselors, while training a new counselor and covering for another counselor who is on vacation.

That last paragraph made me tired.

No comments: