Saturday, July 11, 2015

In The News

It has been a long week at work. We are down two counselors. One counselor is on her honeymoon in South America and another counselor resigned to go back to school to get his second Master's Degree. I have been working long days. Thankfully, I love the work I do which makes it easier.

Josh is registered for classes at Villanova for the Fall. He has orientation the end of August. Josh is my late bloomer. However, it is never too late to return to school. I am evidence of that fact since I have three degrees. Speaking of which, I signed up for two classes myself at Bryn Mawr College for the Fall. I try to keep up with the latest developments in my field. Of course I need 25 credits per year to work @ FBHS and 40 credits every two years to keep my license to practice. I will be in school until I retire or die, whichever happens to come first:)

I started the 5th book in an eight book "Outlander" series called "The Fiery Cross" by Diana Gabaldon. Book four "Drums of Autumn" was the best book thus far so I could not wait to start book five. The series of Outlander books are nearly 90 or more chapters each so I generally read a different book in-between however book four was so good I skipped the in-between book to continue on. The series is as followed which I highly recommend if you have an interest in Scottish, English and American History with a little magic.
  1. Outlander
  2. Dragonfly in Amber
  3. Voyager
  4. Drums of Autumn
  5. The Fiery Cross
  6. A Breathe of Snow and Ashes
  7. An Echo in the Bone
  8. Written in My Own Heart's Blood
My son Joe reads as many books as I do evident by how many I send him. We have wonderful discussions about books. My niece Nicole is an avid reader as well and we also discuss books on occasion.

Shaun, Rita and the kids are arriving today at the shore. Though I am only staying until Sunday, they will be using the shore house until next Wednesday. Today, the community is celebrating "Halloween in Summer" with trick or treating and a kids' party at the clubhouse. The community has a lot of great activities for kids and adults alike. This is a great place for kids and I am happy my grandchildren are taking advantage of it. This house is my hideaway for peace and relaxation however this house is for the use of those I hold dear to my heart. Children should have a happy childhood filled with memories. It is an amazing feeling when we pull up to our house on a Friday evening and see the lights lit around our house with the wooded background and wet lands with the decorated  lighthouse "light" lit in front rotating its warm light around the property. All the lights we installed this year work on solar power and are warm and inviting to the eye.  We will BBQ this afternoon and have a fire tonight where we will all sit around talking. I noticed my parents' car in their driveway outside of their house so I suppose they came down. I know my sister will be down to her house with two of her four grandchildren later this afternoon. My parent's house is one block over whereas my sister's house is two blocks over the opposite way. We are all in the same community.

So there we have it., a post on the news.

No comments: