Saturday, August 01, 2015

Summertime Summertime Summertime

I have been up since 6a on this beautiful Saturday morning down here in Cape May. It has been a lazy morning of reading, playing online games, sitting out in the screen room eating fruit and yogurt with a sprinkle of granola. My father-in-law is with us this weekend. He has some health problems that need close monitoring which requires a daily weigh in and a sodium free sugar free low fat diet. He gets his blood sugar checked twice a day.

Thursday night after work, I stopped at the grocery store to stock up on eatable foods for him. I have always read labels on food but Thursday night I read Every. Single. Label. I am against GMO and artificial colors/flavors in the food I eat so add sodium free sugar free fat free and it was a chore. Yes. They do make a Non-GMO, sodium free, sugar free, organic peanut butter. Yes. I have a pet peeve against GMO and plastic bags used for grocery shopping!

My parents have a house one block away so last night my Dad came over and hung out with us. It was funny listening to my Dad and father-in-law chat about silly stuff. At one point they were comparing dementia medication. Apparently, the doctor told my Dad that a side effect of his medication was having sexual dreams. At this remark, my father-in-law inquired about getting the same medication for himself.

My sister and her friend stopped over earlier before heading off to the beach for the day. I invited both over for dinner tonight as we will be grilling tuna steaks, flounder, tilapia and chicken. We have fresh corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, plums, cherries, apples, cantaloupe already cut up for snacking. My Dad will be over for dinner as well. Thus far my mom has not arrived at the shore. I am unsure if she will be down this weekend. It is nice that we all have summer homes close to each other.

No comments: