Monday, September 07, 2015

Shenandoah Valley Part II

Life can become so busy that you can become lost in the days and forget to stop and feel what is around you. That is really what it is all about, feel your surroundings. I did not want yesterday to end so I stayed up as late as I could. I did not want this vacation to end. I wanted to remain in this place with this feeling for as long as I could. I wanted to suspend time. I wanted to remember the feeling of watching the sun set over the mountains, the trails we hiked, the wild life we observed, the stars that shone brightly in the black night.

We drove out to Big Meadows where we parked the truck and stood by the meadow looking into the night watching the stars twinkle and dance while listening to the sounds of crickets. Last night was the first time I saw a shooting star. At first, I thought it maybe the lights of a plane thousands of feet in the sky. I followed its movement until I realized it was not a plane but a star. What an amazing sight!

They say you should make a wish when you see a shooting star. I made that wish.

It is time to pack up and make that trip back to Pennsylvania and back to reality. However, just for the moment, I will suspend time. 

No comments: