Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Dad

My Dad is an amazing man and I treasure every day we have together. In my opinion, he is the strongest, the kindest, the wisest person I have ever known. He makes me feel safe in a very unsafe world and though I am no longer a little girl, I still need him in my everyday life. It was his silent strength that got me through some of my darkest days and his strength continues to carry through each day. I may not be his biological child however I have always felt his daughter. He has been by my side since I was three years old. He stepped up to the plate when my own father was serving two tours in Vietnam as a Naval Officer. My own father was a career military man and I rarely spent any time with him as I was growing up in the 60's and when I hit my teenage years in the 70's and he retired from the military, he got married., moved away and started another family. I never had the connection with my biological father as I have had with my Dad. I do not blame my father for not being with me as I was growing up. My mom and he divorced shortly after my birth and he was serving his country. He was unable to be with me and I was lucky my mom remarried a man who stepped into his shoes.

No comments: