Friday, March 31, 2017

Loss

Bill left for Florida this morning. His father is dying of end stage heart failure and has very time left on this earth. He is under hospice care. It has been a stressful sleepless week receiving information and updates via through third persons in which the information was not always accurate. Retiring to Florida is a great idea unless you are sick or did not prepare for retirement correctly financially both which are the case as it pertains to Bill's father. His siblings are discussing funeral arrangements and it appears those arrangements include cremation in Florida and a service in Pennsylvania. It is difficult to watch your husband grieve because he is losing his father. I remember how he grieved when his mother died ten years ago. I cannot imagine the pain he is feeling. I still have both my parents and I dread the day when I lose them. It does not matter how old you are you still grieve their loss.



No comments: