Monday, August 17, 2026

Recap

​Once again I decided to write on my blog again. So much has happened in the last few years. I retired from my position of Clinical Counselor after more than 45 years of working in the healthcare field. My parents died within 22 months of each other. My granddaughter’s mother died suddenly. My granddaughter and son moved in with Bill and I so I can help with the school drop-offs, pick-ups and homework. She also is an equestrian and rides every weekend. This is her 4th year. A nephew got married. Another nephew got engaged. One niece recently graduated from Arcadia with plans to enter law school. Another niece is in her second year at Temple and is a cheerleader for the school. A nephew begins his first year at Holy Family next week. He received academic scholarships for Thomas Jefferson, Holy Family, Temple and one other school that I cannot remember. My oldest brother is in remission from an aggressive form of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (Burkett) after receiving aggressive treatment. I continue to do research and write. I even wrote a book. Two of my grandsons are all grown up and out in the working world and have girlfriends. And through all this living, I still miss my oldest granddaughter and hold her deeply in my heart.

No comments: