Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Two Weeks And Counting

And I do not mean it is two weeks to the wedding either. It has been two very very long tedious weeks since a certain small dog came to live with us or I should state correctly "shit in my house". There is nothing like waking up to Bill saying "the dog is dancing in her shit". Oh yes, she is restricted to a crate and we limited the amount of space in that "said" crate because historically speaking dogs restricted in small spaces in which they sleep are not suppose to "shit" there. I think someone forgot to mention this to my dog. She does not seem to mind laying or dancing in hers.

Which lead me to research in both books and the Internet "How To Potty Train A Puppy". I followed all their instructions right down to the letter without much success. Then I decided to research her breed. A Puggle is a mixture of Pug and Beagle. The Pug is difficult to house break because of its stubborn will. The beagle is a digger and chewer who is a bloodhound by nature that likes to follow a scent. It is also a high energy dog. Therefore, this type of dog must be fenced in or on a leash at all times because it tends to run away. (now that's an idea. leave the gate open.) So, my sister got me a dog with a "very independent nature that requires much discipline and consistency". Isn't that funny, my sister gave me my "kids" in "dog form". How very sweet of her. I get to raise someone else who will not listen.

No comments: