Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Someone Else Inserts Foot

I was feeling a little overwhelmed today so Bill suggested I throw everything to the wind and go shopping. I took his advice and went over to Kohls to pick up a few accessories to wear with my black dress to my friend Linda's wedding this Friday night. (yes, a Friday the 13th wedding at the Black Lake Room)

When I got to the cashier, she asked me if a was a senior citizen because today was senior citizen discount day. (I was purchasing a black bra and black lace panties)

I busted out laughing and suggested that when she has a customer she should really look up from the register before asking that question. She fell over herself with apologies. Then I told her I knew I was having a bad day but hell I did not think I looked like a senior citizen. A middle age woman, yes, but a senior citizen, no.

According to my calculations, I have another nineteen years before I retire. The next time Bill makes a suggestion to "make me feel better" I better just stay home.........

No comments: