Monday, May 07, 2007

Genealogy Update

I am currently in research mode on the following items;

I am gathering information on the Wisloski/Weleski branch of the family which includes mortuary notices, ship records and puzzles solved on my father's paternal side of my family.

In addition to the Wisloski/Weleski branch, I have some updated and detailed information on the Schroeder (father's maternal) side of the family which includes information on both Charles Schroeder, his parents Carl and Anna Marie Heese Schroeder, siblings and wife Mary Mervine Schroeder and her father Alexander Mervine. I have mortuary notices, military records,census records, and a marriage certificate.

I am also working on the following neighborhood information;

Roxborough Home for Women located on Leverington Avenue and the Poor House that was located on Righter Street where it meets Ridge Avenue.

The cemeteries I am currently researching are as followed;

Odd Fellows was located at 24th & Diamond Streets. In 1951, its bodies were dug up and reinterred in Lawnview and Mount Peace. Lawnview is located on Huntington Pike in Rockledge and is currently still open and operating. Mount Peace is located at 3111 Lehigh Avenue and is also still open and operating but its records are located at Lawnview.

No comments: