Saturday, September 29, 2012

All Good

Good Morning Saturday, I slept about five hours last night and that is a record breaker for me this week. I feel good. I had a fun time chatting with my friends, Mom, sister and brother (Knoxville) on FB last night. We really laughed. Before it was all said and done there were 114 posts under the picture of Sons of Anarchy, which began the conversation.

The rare blood disorder my Uncle Jack is struggling with and my family members have died from in the past is what Robin Roberts from Good Morning America is struggling with that required her to receive a recent bone marrow transplant. The disorder which is so common in my family history is so rare only about 12,000 people get it. Myelodysplastic Syndrome is a failure of the bone marrow. First it produces tons of immature cells and is considered a blood cancer. My uncle Jack had a platelet count of 900,000 but was bleeding out from internal organs. Normal Platelet counts are between 250,000 to 400,000. In my uncle's case, all these immature platelets were clogging main arteries forcing the blood to back up and bleed out through the capillaries. We need platelets in order for us to stop bleeding. They are small fragments of a cell produced for clotting.

This afternoon, my girlfriends are coming over. I purchased some wine, fresh flowers for the table, veggie and fruit platters and goodies. The girls are bringing food also. They know how much I cook. NOT! That if they wish to eat, they bring food. KIDDING! We always bring food/drink to whoever's house we go to. We did this at Donna's shore house and on Oct 27th, we will do it for Reggie's house in Royersford who is married to the cop who use to chase us off the corner when we were teenagers so it is funny that he is part of the crowd now. Of course, he is retired from the Philly Police Force.

Those who went down for Irish Weekend (not me) said, it was funny having a beer with him. We all grew or I should say most of us.

Anyway, this is the picture that led to 114 posts.
  Jax is mine. LOL

No comments: