Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Day One New Orleans

I would tell you about the exciting flight down, however, I will save that part for later. Let's just say, I held my heart in my hands. Welcome to New Orleans and our stay at the four star resort known as Royal Sonesta.









The resort is very nice. The room is comfortable although small. Reminds me of New York City and Italy all wrapped up in one. Welcome to Bourbon Street before the action.

I really want to upload some more pictures, but this Internet service is slow as hell here in the hotel so I will bore you with a few details. We ate at a little German place called Jaeguerhaus which was located off a side street away from the tourist traps. The food was magnificent and the beer was delicious. I started out with a Stella but after getting a taste of Bill's brew, I was totally into the Authentic German brand.

  Seriously, the label is great in of itself. We so enjoyed this little German place and was glad we came across it. If there is one thing you do in New Orleans is WALK a lot.


We went into a VooDoo shop. I could really use a few dolls for certain people in my life whom I would gladly stick pins into or at the very least place the dolls in the freezer. Then, we came across signs like this one.

There is alot of history and culture found in the city such as Jackson Square. However, the Internet wants too be real slow so I may have to upload the pictures later.




Since these are statures of Andrew Jackson in Jackson Square, I can only assume, the square was named after him.

 I believe the last two pictures speak for themselves. New Orleans = Jazz. One the nicest sights in Jackson Square is the St. Louis Cathedral.
In addition to Jackson Square, we walked down to the river front and took in the Mississippi. If this computer continues to upload pictures at a snail's pace, I may have to continue Day One on Day Two.


We walked a short distance along the river, as my back was screaming "give me alcohol". Yeah. Just what I thought, I may have to continue Day One pictures on Day Two.


Before, we left the Mississippi, I needed to hug a stature.
A taste of tomorrow's Day One pictures to be uploaded on Day Two before I kill the computer.
New Orleans has its place in history just by its architecture. I took several photos of the French Quarter, however, the computer is crawling at a snail's place so I will upload the rest at a later date. For now, I hung that little sign on the door that stated what I wanted for breakfast tomorrow as I love room service. Then, we will plan a trip out to St. Louie #1 Cemetery and spend some time back here at the pool complete with pool bar. It is hot, humid and in the 90's here. I want to visit the entire Riverwalk tomorrow as they have some nice shops and great seafood.

No comments: