Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Do No Harm

It has been pounded in my brain every single blessed day in college. I wish some would adhere to the statement as it is our job to meet people where they are at, to provide a service that leads to healthier choices in life, while guiding and advocating for those who do not have a voice.

God Damn, maybe some others should take this into account, before making decisions without having the knowledge. I speak in riddles sometimes. I have some choices of my own to make that will result in the best interest of what I believe. I refuse to give away my integrity and/or principles based on a bottom line decision. Lately, I have been struggling with issues in both my personal and professional life that have managed to do one thing, doubt myself.

I am not going to bend on any issue, I feel is a just cause. I know what it feels like to be humble. I have experienced humility. Time to move on. I will not compromise my integrity and become a pathetic human being for anything or anyone. That being said, I was applauded at the condition of my office after the painters were in there. First of all, I was given a total of five minutes to get out of my office. A counselor without an office is a book without a shelf. Who cares that I had 12 patients coming in for a group. I left. I did not say a word. I did my group in another area. This was Monday.

Tuesday morning I arrive to work and climb the steps to my third floor office. I open the door and stop dead in my tracks. I turned around and walked out.


This is my desk as a result of painters. This file cabinet does not even belong here. Papers everywhere. Assignments I give to patients everywhere. Books on my desk covered in all kinds of shit. My phone knocked off the hook. But the worse part is my lamp broken and left sitting on my desk. I touched nothing. I photographed with my Iphone, closed the door and made my way down those three flights of steps and directly into the Director's office at 7:30am. The only words that came out of my mouth are as followed;
  • Horrified
  • I want to know the company name of the painters so I never hire them for my house.
  • I will not return to that office until it is back in order.
  • I am not housekeeping.
  • They broke my lamp.
This afternoon, the boss of the painting company sought me out and apologized. Then, I came back into the office and saw this.
A new lamp and an Orchid. Finally, someone heard this voice. It was pissed. Sometimes, a voice is actually heard. I discovered this twice in one day.

We had a wonderful time in New Orleans. We stayed at the lovely Royal Sonesta. They made the mistake of asking for a survey of our stay at their hotel. I answered truthfully. The hotel was beautiful. The bath products top of the line. The room well kept. The front desk rude. Construction five rooms down started at 6am. Ear plugs provided. No new room assignment offered away from construction. The consignere was beyond rude. One day later, I get an email asking for a good time to call me at home to discuss my survey.

No comments: