Friday, September 07, 2012

Garden District

Off to the Garden District today. We will avoid Bourbon Street tonight though our hotel is on Bourbon Street. I have learned how to sleep with ear plugs. What a great invention! I loved seeing the bands and enjoyed watching the people, however, I feel every one of my years today and I am exhausted to say the least. Besides, it is weird being sober watching those around you making fools of themselves. That is what they are suppose to do. They are twenty-somethings. Three nights of Bourbon Street is enough for me. I off to see the wealthier side of New Orleans with their mansions and gardens. I also want to stop and pick up Louisianna Hot Sauce for my son who requested it.

Funny thing is I do not remember ever drinking too excess as a young person. I do not llike the feeling of being out of control. I never did and alcohol in excess makes people lose control.

I also saw the poorer side of New Orleans which is the silent population down here. I will write more about that later.

No comments: