- There was a strange odor within its walls.
- I felt a deep sense of evil within its walls.
Before we went into the cemetery, we went to the catholic church and because I just cannot seem to escape my Catholicism background, I lit a candle for my youngest son.
The next place we walked to was the French Market Place. I loved it in 2001 and I love it the same in 2012. I purchased two hand made name bracelets for Ava and her baby brother. They are authentic New Orleans handmade.
We spent sometime at the pool as it is hot and humid. I am ready for a nap if Bill ever stops talking. Yes, he was up before dawn ready to take pictures. I tried to sleep but with all the construction around me, I could not get any rest. I guess that is the result of coming to a place after a hurricane. Issac may have not been strong and the area did not flood, however, speaking with locals the hurricane had some tough winds that took down power lines and trees. One local said she was without power five days. She works in the market place, but lives in the suburbs of New Orleans.
Anyway, I did get a set of ear plugs from the first desk so I can sleep tonight. We also stopped at Leah's for their famous pralines which I will bring home. I also purchased red beans and rice, a popular dish down here. In addition to red beans and rice, other popular dishes are crawfish (gross) and oysters (really gross). Let me stick to the shrimp and beans.
I am hoping later tonight, I will be able to post some pictures. There is something about this place that inspires the writer in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment