Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Fall in Philadelphia

Art Prints
Sell Art Online
Photography Prints

Living in Roxborough the NorthWest Section of Philadelphia represents not only a place with a history of post-civil industry, but a place of hidden beauty called the Wissahichon Park, which in of itself is a part of Fairmount Park. I no longer live in the city. but I work in the city and I have an office in a third floor 19th century house with three windows that allow me to grace my eyes upon the beauty of the park. When I was a little girl, my grandpop taught me to fish in the creek. We would go before dawn, and while he set up to fish, I would wrap a blanket tightly around me for the air was cool, before the sun shone their the tall trees, and I would often times sleep as my grandpop would fish for catfish. He never ate them, but threw them back into the creek. It was these days that he taught me to bate a line and toss it into the creek. My grandpop loved to fish, and took every opportunity to do so.

Now I have grandchildren of my own whom I did not teach to fish, but taught to explore the surrounding woods of the park. The ducks love to hang around Valley Green and today, one can stop for an ice cream or an entire meal while sitting outdoors. Valley Green is a perfect place to have a party or a meal in their quaint dining area indoors. I cannot count how many times, I have taken the grandchildren down there to feed the ducks, walk the trials, and eat that special treat.

This area means alot to me as I was taken there as a child, then brought my own sons and now take my own children. Great memories have been made in this place of beauty. Memories I hold dear to my heart and hope my children and their children will hold close to their hearts.

 

No comments: