Monday, October 01, 2012

In My Life

Photography Prints

I have seen so much and every stone I came upon, I walked over it and did not hide under it. The song In My Life is beautiful, and so is the art work my husband produces. I am in awe of his creativity. I decided to begin using some of his work on my site, because I like pictures to accompany my writing. It also gives others a chance to see what he is capable of, while I have a theme to focus upon.

The photo posted at midnight, so I am a little late in writing about it.

In my life, I have experienced many ups and downs, came across liars, manipulators, passive aggressive behaviors, and at the same time came across the most loving, caring authentic people I was blessed to meet.

First of all, I take every opportunity to keep my distance from passive aggressive, borderline type people whether they be a stranger, or someone I have known for years. These types use words and behaviors that are the exact opposite of their intentions, and if a person is not alerted to the soft manipulation, one can easily fall under their spell. Bottom line is they lie with sweet talk to get what they want. I always said, I rather be punched, than deal with their sneak attacks. I do not like to be played. I do not like games when it involves feelings or hurt.

On the other hand, there is the caring, loving person who does not use the vulnerability of others, but steps up to the plate with their genuine authentic self. They do things out of the kindness of their hearts, without the needed recognition or attention, the passive aggressive/borderlines seek. They are also the ones who get hurt, because they are often taken for granted and when push comes to shove, they are often forgotten and shut out.

The most difficult thing for me is to watch how this can impact one.

If someone wants to play both sides, count me out. I walked away from a person like that several years ago. Use your sugar and honey to lure, I will continue to be straight forward. I am not perfect, but at least I make an effort to change that which I do not like in myself.

Today, I am most grateful that I married an amazing caring loving man who is not afraid to stand by my side through the rough times, though he never had to. He was a single carefree guy with no children living and working in Florida. He left all that behind to stand by my side, and has been by my side ever since. He has been generous to my children and grandchildren. He fell in love with my grandchildren with entire heart and soul. I know. I see it. The Sunday morning breakfast, the vacations, the walks in the parks teaching and sharing what he knew. He taught each and everyone of my grandchildren how to use a computer, play a guitar, watch silly movies and sing songs to cranky crying little ones while rocking them to sleep. He reads to them. Takes the time to talk to them. And told me on more than one occasion, "Thank you for bringing children into my life".

I spent so much of our nearly six years of marriage wrapped up in the chaos that I took him for granted. I will never take him for granted again. He deserves respect, because he earned it. I wish others could see, but then again, these types (him) are generally left in the background and forgotten. However, I will not forget. I am sure the grandchildren will not forget. It would be hard to forget with the thousand pictures, we took over the last six years.

No comments: