Friday, September 13, 2013

Back to Class

I am not so sure why I am up so late. Maybe, I know I do not have to get up at 530a tomorrow for work. The joy of having a complete weekend off. I wish I could say the same thing for next weekend. Well, let's just stay in the present.

I registered for classes in January at Bryn Mawr College over on the Main Line. I am taking classes January through March on Fridays to become certified in trauma. It has been something I have been interested in for some time and when I saw the series, I knew I had to register. Most of the patients I see have trauma in their backgrounds in the form of some sort of abuse, neglect, witness to or of violence, incarceration, I have a training in the city on 9/23 for Trauma Informed Care but it is only a one day overview. Once I complete this series of classes in the winter, I will have completed for certification. Five Fridays over ten weeks, six hours per day and the end result is 27 credits which I require 25 credits per year anyway to work in this field. Bryn Mawr is a nice college. I have taken classes there earlier this past year. Of course, it is not cheap. I guess that is why they serve a nice lunch at the break. Then, I get paid for being off to take the classes because it is work-related.

Win-Win for all of us!

I guess when I run out of choices at Bryn Mawr, I can go around the corner and try Villanova. I already maxed out at Drexel.

Short and Long term goals help me move forward.

School is something I do for myself.

School is fun when you already have a degree.

School is about knowledge and part of the fun is the ability to take classes that interest you unlike classes that are mandatory for a degree though I have to admit, I had a variety to chose from at Drexel. Drexel is a great school!

No comments: