Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Life Moves ON

I could not sleep last night. Events of the day would not allow my mind to rest. As one hour became two then three, I told myself it was alright that I did not sleep. I knew I could survive the following day without the sleep. I have done it before. Funny thing happened. I fell asleep for a few hours. I am grateful for small surprises.

I was told something that stung to the core of my bones. If I heard this two years ago, I would have blamed myself, felt less than, would have beat myself up. I am not that same person. My self-esteem is healthy and intact. What a grand feeling! I am comfortable with who I am. The words did sting and they occupied my mind, however, I did not feel bad about myself in any shape or form. Again, it was a grand feeling. I intend to remain positive and continue to move forward. Truth be told, the words had no basis. Over the years my kindness was mistaken for weakness, and my compassion taken for granted. I am not weak but strong and just because my compassion was manipulated does not mean I never knew the game.

My classes were approved for January at Bryn Mawr College. My director approved my attendance and therefore I can take Fridays off from work starting January 17th through March 21. I am attending a post Masters program for a certification in Trauma Therapy. He asked that I teach the other counselors what I have learned. I told him it was a deal. I registered for the classes back in August with the hope that persistence would pay off. I am glad I held on.

Life moves on.

No comments: