Thursday, December 01, 2016

Massachusetts Vacation Day Three

November 26, 2016

We started our morning with breakfast at the Saltwater Diner down the street from the resort.


Staying in the town of Hull meant we drove back and forth over these bridges each time we left the island to travel to different parts of the state. On this particular morning we were on our way north to Salem.



Salem is known for the Witch Trials in the 17th Century and for the movie "Salem's Lot". But did you know Salem is a town full of beautiful old homes/mansions?







Salem Common Park

Next we visited the old town streets which were more of a tourist trap but nevertheless had some interesting shops and local history.


This is the old town hall.


The temperature was about 20 degrees colder in Salem as oppose to Hull or Boston and I failed to bring my warm "red" wool coat as I left it behind at the resort, so I purchased this wool shawl from a little Tibet shop in the old town.


 Like I mentioned earlier, it was a tourist trap so I decided to have a little fun.


I was not the only one having a little fun as Bill was simply "Bewitched".


This is the house which held the Witch Trials and is currently now Known as the "Witch House".




You never know who you may run into.


More around town pictures.







The Burying Point









After we visited Salem, we drove back to Boston to visit more places including Boston University where I was suppose to attend in the Fall of 1978 and major in Social Work however I became a mother instead so I attended a local school and became a Lab tech then a Lab Supervisor and spent the next 20 years working in a lab while raising my three children and it would be nearly a life time later that I would go back to college and graduate from Drexel University School of Medicine and major in Behavioral Health & Counseling and work in Social Services. It is funny how Life Just Happens that way. I am a firm believer in having Hope and never giving up on a dream. It may not have happened as I planned but it did happen and here I am a once upon a time Lab Supervisor with 20 years of experience turned Counselor doing Social Work the last 10 years.












Boston University from across the Charles River.


Boston Skyline from across the Charles River.



Good Old MIT



Then we were off to Charlestown known as the oldest town in Boston and home of Bunker Hill.






















If you find yourself in Charlestown, stop by Warren Tavern for a pint and the best Shepard's Pie in town.


And if you ever wanted to know the location of the first Dunkin Donuts, come to Quincy.

No comments: