Friday, October 06, 2006

Exploring The Mountain Side

Last weekend, Bill surprised me with a a trip to the mountains.
We made a lot of stops to explore the beauty around us.
Some of the villages and towns we stopped in were very quaint.
Along the way, we saw many types of bridges.
And we stopped at one of those road-side diners that made the most delicious waffles with strawberry sauce.
The views were breath-taking.
Even the human ones.
Everywhere around us you could see the evidence of Fall with the changing of the colors of the leaves.
The place we stopped at for the night had a pool but we forgot our swim-suits.
After we checked into the hotel, we found this Irish Pub in town and had ourselves some vodka & cranberry, (me) and Captain Morgan & coke (Bill).
I tortured Bill with a stop at the outlets and after making my way through a dozen stores, the only thing I ended up buying was believe it or not "An Apple Corer".
One of the prettiest scenic views in the mountains is what is known as The Water Gap.
Bill says this is a lime kiln. Whatever that is.
I cannot tell you the number of bridges we saw.
One of the last views we saw before going back home on Sunday was this bridge.
Last but not least, we had brunch at this Inn in a town called Frenchtown before we drove home. I have to admit, I have not tasted a better crab-cake anywhere than I tasted here.

No comments: